I don't have the energy to come up with a witty, brilliantly written blog post to kick off the weekend, so I figured I would just write a bunch of random things and hope you'll come back next week when I'm back on my game. Pretty please? With a shot of Tequila on top?
1. "Lost" has me, well lost. Anyone else feel me? I have faithfully watched for 6 seasons now and with only a few episodes left, this is what I know so far: there was a plane, it crashed on an island, some people survived, there are "others" on the island, Hurley keeps getting fatter even though he is stranded on an island (hello writers?), there seems to be a butt load of guns (where did they come from? Did they fed-ex them in?), a man named Jacob, a random submarine and once I believe a polar bear. Awesome.
2. John Hughes was the bomb (does anyone say that anymore? no? damn, I'm still uncool). Anyone who can make Molly Ringwald appear cringe-worthingly awkward regardless if she is the rich, popular gal, the gal from the wrong side of the tracks or the gal pining after the popular jock boy is cinematic genius. Plus you can never go wrong with this and this. Gets me every time. Classic.
3. My 10 year high school reunion is coming up this year. I suddenly have the need for a strong drink.
4. I have a weird aversion to salsa. It literally makes me gag if I smell it or see it. I have no recollection of having any type of traumatic experience with salsa yet I can't stand to be within 50 feet of it. Any therapists out there want to weigh in on this one? In other news, I could eat cheese for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Plus a snack. Cheese is good for the soul I say.
5. My favorite childhood book is Harold and the Purple Crayon. Being able to draw the world the way you want - awesome. Shoe stores and Starbucks for all!
6. I love clipping coupons - love love love it. Cutting out that little paper square, filing it in my organizer (yes, I have one and it's color coded to boot) and knowing that next time I hit up the grocery store I'm gonna get fifty cents off Texas Toast and a dollar off Fruity Pebbles and I don't even eat Texas Toast or Fruity Pebbles. But if I did, I'd be doing it for a dollar fifty less than most people. Score.
7. When I was little my dad would tell me and my siblings that he actually wrote the song "Twist and Shout" by the Beatles except he titled it "Spin and Yell". I believed him. I was one of those kids.
8. My biggest pet peeve is soap bubbles left in the sink. If there are soap bubbles, I will stand there and turn the water on and off to make them go down the drain. Seriously, any therapists out there?
9. I wish I could draw. I am jealous of someone who can draw an elephant and it looks like an elephant. I draw an elephant and it looks like a 4 year old's version of an elephant. But I still like to pretend I can draw until someone asks me to draw something for them. Then I'm all like "oh my carpal tunnel is acting up, my pencils aren't sharpened, I think my fingers are broken." Fail.
10. I can't think of anything else to write except so I'll leave you with this fun fact: every second Americans collectively eat one hundred pounds of chocolate. I believe I contribute at least twenty pounds of that. Chocolate is also good for the soul.
Love and shoes,