Thursday, April 1, 2010

Going to my happy place...

To quote a song by these guys: New York, I love you, but you're bringing me down.

You got that right.

For the last week, The Big City has been bleary, dreary and downright depressing. We've had cloudy skies, plenty of rain and chilly temperatures. It's the kind of days where you want to put on your fluffiest socks and hide under your blanket with hot cocoa (with mini marshmallows of course). Which I did. Every day.

It's about the time that I mentally pack up and go to my happy place.

a place where you read a magazine from start to finish without any interruptions.

a place where you can take a nap where you want and when you want and no one will bother you.

a place where you can stop and take in the scenery. 

a place where humans and animals peacefully co-exist. 

a place where your shadow comes out to play.

a place where bonfires and ghost stories are in abundance.

a place where you can kick up your feet and just go where the wind takes you.

a place I love. 

Where is your happy place? 

SG

1 comment:

  1. A beach chair with a view of the ocean and a cold beverage in my hand...far, far away cold, damp weather.

    ReplyDelete